The Skin Sanctuary @ Cheshire Makeup

Thursday 16 February 2012

More pics - TCA Peel from The Skin Sanctuary!

Well... I said I'd update with some pics of my skin from the TCA peel I had done on Friday last...and here they are...

But just before you look... a bit of an update on how its been from a 'daily life' aspect.

The thing with this peel is, you know at the end, when your skin has peeled and healed completely, your skin is going to be amazing.. like AMAZING. Your skin does literally peel off, kind of looks like you've had quite bad sunburn and you didn't put enough aftersun on :)

For the first couple of days, it feels very tight and your skin does look quite.. good actually! Because it is so tight on your face, it looks like you've had botox and the skin is quite luminous..

But it will enevitably start to peel, mine (and most others) started around the mouth on day 1. Day 2 under the nose and further down around the mouth. It also goes quite dark (darker still if pigment has been drawn to the surface) which is quite normal.

Day 3 it then moved to the cheeks, forehead and nose, and now on day 4 5 and 6, I can start to see new, beautiful soft baby like skin emerging.

I'm not going to lie, it does get a little itchy and you really want to pick it all off (which is a big no no as it can scar the new skin underneath.. my way of dealing with this was to pull my face into different expressions so the dead skin stretches out without you touching it and acts as a scratch!).

BUT its totally worth it for the result I know I'm going to get at the end of this week... even worth walking with a scarf around my face at the Noel Gallagher gig I went to on monday night so as not endure endless stares at my face..

So anyway, without any further ado.. here are my pics from day 1,2,3,4,5 and (today).. there will be more to follow as the skin completely heals.. eeeeeekkkkkk

Day 1




Day 2


Day 3



Day 4


Day 5




Day 6


So as you can see, the skin starts off looking quite dark and red, then starts to peel, getting worse each day until day 4 when you can see new skin coming through.

By day 6, there are little bits left on around the sides of the face but the rest of my skin looks and feels really good. There is a glow to it that wasn't there before, and its brought all my pigmentation to the surface (that I didn't even know was there!). These parts look as if they are peeling again which will then just fall off. And its also cleared my nose of blackheads..

So all in all, for all the unattractiveness of the first 5 days, its been totally worth it :)

Will update with a final picture when its completley peeled..

Hope you've found it interesting!

See you soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment