The Skin Sanctuary @ Cheshire Makeup

Thursday 2 February 2012

BROWS BROWS BROWS!!

Anyone that knows me, knows the one thing I can't leave the house without doing is my eyebrows... I'm going to be honest and say I'm obsessed with them, always looking at other peoples and always making sure mine look perfect..

When I found out about threading, I was straight down to the local brow bar and lying back on that dentist-like chair getting them shaped... hooked!

But I've also recently found the ultimate set of products (in my opinion) for finishing off the perfect brow.

You will need

Benefit - Speed Brow

MAC - Brow pencil (in suitable colour, in my case - Lingering)
or
Illamasqua - Eye Brow Cake (in suitable colour, in my case - Thunder)

Benefit - High Brow Pencil

To start with, I always brush my brows up and across with the speed brow from Benefit. This sets the hair in place (my brow hair is particularly long so needs holding!). This also gives a bit of a tint to the brow, so if you want something really natural you could stop there and it would look neat and tidy.

Next I either use Mac brow pencil in Lingering - This is what I'm using at the moment, and I literally colour in my brow, drawing on tiny hair strokes so it still looks natural but just accentuating the shape, up and out.

Or I use the fantastic eye brow cake in Thunder from Illamasqua - I use an angled brow brush with this and use the powder dry (it can be used wet for a more dramatic look), using the same technique as the pencil. Generally you can achieve a softer look with a powder cake.

And finally, I apply high brow pencil from Benefit - LOVE THIS AT THE MOMENT! Apply either just under the arch of your brow, or (like me) along the whole brown just underneath. Then smudge in with your finger. This will really accentuate the shape by highlighting the area.

You should end up with something that look likes this!

See you soon! xx

1 comment: